Mental Health Resources and Support Services
Posted on 18th August, 2021
Our pharmacists are Mental Health First Aid trained. RUOK? Day was a recent reminder for all of us to be part of the conversation. If you are experiencing mental health and need to talk, our MHFA pharmacists can help you in our private consult room. We have compiled a list of great resources for anyone needing more information on mental health, as well as links to support services and Apps that can be really useful to know in case you or a loved one needs help in a crisis situation.
MHERL - Mental Health Emergency Response Line - 1300 555 788
- 24/7 Mental health support in the community - including individuals, families/carers, member of the general public or health professionals.
- Australia’s most well-known and visited mental health organisation, focusing on supporting people affected by anxiety, depression and suicide
Lifeline WA - 24/7 crisis support - 13 11 14
- Lifeline is Australia’s leading suicide prevention service.
HeadSpace - headspace.org.au
- Headspace is the foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds - including people with mental health, physical health (including sexual health) alcohol and other drug services, as well as work and study support.
Women's Domestic Violence helpline - 1800 007 339
- This helpline is a state wide 24 hour service and provides support for women, with or without children, who are experiencing family and domestic violence.
- This helpline is a state wide 24 hour service and provides telephone information and referral to ongoing face to face services for men who are concerned about their violent and abusive behaviours.
- White Ribbon Australia provides support to engage with men and boys to end men’s violence against women and girls, to promote gender equality and to create new opportunities for men to build positive, healthy and respectful relationships.
This is a 24-hour national sexual assault, family and domestic violence counselling line for any Australian who has experienced, or is at risk of, family and domestic violence and/or sexual assault.
Sexual Assault Resource Centre (SARC) - 1800 199 888
- SARC provides a 24-hour emergency service in metropolitan Perth. This involves medical care, a forensic examination and counselling support to people who have been sexually assaulted within the previous 14 days.
Crisis Care - operating after hours, 7 days a week - 1800 199 008
Crisis Care provides an after hours response to reported concerns for a child's safety and wellbeing, as well as telephone information and referrals for people experiencing crisis.
Derbarl Yerrigan Health Service - 9374 1400
They offer a confidential and professional mental health (Weirn Mooditj) counselling service that supports people to work through their challenges. These challenges may include trauma, anxiety and depression.
Perth Aboriginal mental health services - 9263 2050
- They offer bereavement support, home visits, volunteer peer support, short to medium term counselling, respite services and more.
- Foodbank WA provides food and groceries for emergency food assistance to people in need. If you require emergency food relief, they can help between 9:30am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Entrypoint Perth is a free assessment and referral service assisting people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in WA to access accommodation and support options.
- The Salvation Army provide a wide range of services including alcohol and oither drug support, family and domestic violence, homelessness, legal advice and youth support. Emergency relief assistance is available Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
360 Street Doctor is an easily accessible, non-judgemental mobile GP clinic aiming to improve the health & wellbeing of homeless, transient & disadvantaged people in identified suburbs around Perth. They work closely with other community services to engage with people that may be unwilling or unable to access traditional health services.
- Centrecare is a well-respected Catholic not-for-profit organisation providing a variety of counselling and professional social services inspired by compassion and respect for human dignity. Their Midland office is open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
Smiling Mind- smilingmind.com.au...
- Smiling Mind is a unique App developed by psychologists and educators to help bring balance to your life. You can practice your daily meditation and mindfulness exercises from any device.
HeadGear - blackdoginstitute.org.au/../headgear
HeadGear is a free, easy-to-use smartphone app that guides you through a 30–day mental fitness challenge designed to build resilience and wellbeing and prevent things like depression and anxiety.
You matter. You are loved. You are not alone.